Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Girls-get-away

June 25-28, Colorado

Time to get ALL the girls together again - just like the fun we had here. This time we traveled to Alicia's home in Colorado. Here's the play-by-play:

Jill, Tanya, & I flew out Friday morning. Tanya didn't get much sleep the night before so she settled in for a nap on the plane. (I've set this as her callerID on my phone & it makes me smile every time she calls.)
Alicia lives in Peyton, Colorado, about an hour outside of Denver.
She & Mom picked us up at the Denver airport and
we had lunch at Applebee's.
From there we stopped and did a session at the Denver Temple.
This was the first time all 5 of us have been in the temple together.
After our spiritual recharge, it was time for some
"retail therapy" at Ross.
Imagine all 5 of us crowded into the "handicapped" dressing room for over 2 hours. I wish I had video of that. We fought for time in front of the mirror, gave honest critiques of the new clothes, and laughed a lot.
Of course we could only bring in 8 items per person at a time so we were in & out trading clothes and entertaining ourselves quite nicely. Thank you to the nice workers at Ross who were very patient as we tried on hundreds of items. :) We did end up each purchasing several items!
Who's this you ask? Why it's Tanya, sleeping again while we were eating breakfast. Food or sleep? That's a tough one.
Saturday we mostly spent the day at the house just hanging out. Alicia & I did manage to slip out and get a pedicure. Cute toes!
Here we are doing what we do best: talking and eating. (Notice Chris wearing his OXFEST shirt at the gathering of the Oxborrow girls.)
Saturday afternoon: Tanya straightened my hair for church the next day. Thanks T.
Sunday morning we went to church. And of course we needed a photo of us all dressed up.
Sunday afternoon, guess who needed a nap?
Some of you might remember when I went to Colorado after my niece Cora's brain surgery (read about it here). She is just a doll. Here she is in her pink recliner watching one of her favorite movies (probably a Baby Einstein video).
Here are my cute nephews Sam & Owen. They did pretty well having 4 extra mothers in the house.
Alica and sweet Cora.
We all spent some time in Cora's therapy swing. I would love one of these hanging in my house - very relaxing.
Monday: we spent the day doing more of what we do best - talking & eating. And yes, we could have kept talking for another week.
Oh sadness, back to the Denver airport to fly home.
Waiting to board...
We're thinking the next girls-get-away will be in Las Vegas next year.
I can't wait! Love you girls!

2 comments:

E and T Macdonald said...

Ohhh, all the sleep I got! :) That was such a great weekend, sista!! We'll definitely do that again next year! Can I just copy and paste your post to my blog. ??
Love you! Thanks for the fun swim in the pool today. We rock! :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea--I gotta do that with my sisters sometime!