Girls Camp, June 15-19
Tuesday
John drove us up and helped us set up camp. Thanks babe!
Our stake theme was BOOT camp - Building Our Own Testimonies.
We chose faith as our value and "Semper Fi" (always faithful, used by the US Marines) as our motto.
First meal at camp: cheese fondue with grapes, pears, tomatoes, bread, cauliflower, broccoli. YUM!!
First activity at camp: canoeing on the lake.
By nightfall, it started to sprinkle and was too cold for a campfire.
Wednesday
Stake activity: rotations with other wards.
Marshmallow shooters.
Looking through binoculars held backwards and
trying to follow the path.
Craft: painting wood blocks for magnetic boards & washer necklaces.

The winds starting picking up & we were getting nervous about our EZ-UP so we lowered it to enjoy our tin foil dinners.
Just before skit night, one person from each ward had to model an armor of righteousness made by the girls. Lucky me.
After skit night, it started hailing and eventually turned to snow.
No campfire.
Thursday
Service project: cleaning up trails.
Lunch: baked potatoes. Let me rephrase that, burnt potatoes. I didn't know you could burn potatoes like that. The fire was just way too hot!
Craft: embroidery.

Friday
Breakfast: omelets boiled in a bag.
Hike!
Craft: duct tape wallets.

Afternoon fun at the confidence course:






Final campfire: reading letters from home before the testimony meeting began.

Great girls, great leaders, another great year at camp.
Bring on the shower and my own bed!!
Tuesday
John drove us up and helped us set up camp. Thanks babe!
Wednesday
Stake activity: rotations with other wards.
Marshmallow shooters.
trying to follow the path.
No campfire.
Thursday
Service project: cleaning up trails.
Breakfast: omelets boiled in a bag.
Bring on the shower and my own bed!!
3 comments:
So fun! I wish I could go to girls camp with you. Bummer the weather was a little cold. Can't wait to get more of an update on it in person. :)
Fun times at girls camp. Gotta love the snow at Mia Shalom!
Loved your camp blog...oh the memories. Please, please pick me as a camp leader again next year! I can't imagine summer without it anymore. My sister-in-law goes to Shalom next week. I think I'll take the cooler weather over the hot, dusty, and buggy week she's going to have.
Post a Comment