Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Women of Steel! (May 21)

Women everywhere...
Sporting my number and the shirt I got.
My "steel women" friends - Natalie and Ali. We didn't get to train together and we didn't even do the whole thing together, but we started and ended with pics together.
It was a first for both of them - way to go girls!
We started with a 300 meter swim in the pool. Because it was staggered start times, and I'm not a fast swimmer, Ali & I waited over an hour before we got to swim. Ugh. From there, it was off to a 12 mile bike ride - a 6 mile loop twice.
The weather was perfect!
After the bike, it was a 3 mile run.
Heading to the finish line!
Back together at the end...
Thanks friends. Let's do it again soon.
It was a great way to start the summer. I'm off to train for 2 more with longer distances -
one in July, one in August.
That should keep me busy this summer. :)

1 comment:

Aaron and Devon said...

That's awesome! Way to go!