As I'm writing this, I'm thinking about how my life can be measured by repeated events. Of course birthdays and holidays are annual events, but as I'm writing this post I'm reminded that a year ago I did this ride. My Memorial Day post has reference to last year's Memorial Day. Just got back from Girls Camp for the 2nd year and will be posting about that soon. Life just keeps moving along...
John, Jyson, and I drove up to Logan Friday afternoon. I picked up my registration packet in Lewiston and then we had dinner at Chili's. John & Jyson swam in the pool at the hotel while I relaxed in the room. It was kind of rainy, but the next morning dawned pretty clear with a few clouds. Unlike last year, I slept well and was pumped to ride.
Here's the starting photo:
The weather was perfect. They changed the course from last year so there was no big hill to climb, just some small ones - very doable. I talked to a few other riders but mostly I rode alone. I had friends riding the 30 mile and 100 mile distance but I never saw them. I did my first stop at 25 miles where John & Jyson were waiting for me.
It was great to see them. After a port-a-potty stop, I was back on the road. Mile 35 was the lunch stop. The lines for the full lunch were long, so I just grabbed a half PB&J sandwich and a few grapes. After refilling my water bottles, I got back on the bike and rode til the end.
This picture was taken by Jyson while they were waiting for me.
It proves Johnny was there. :)
This is Jyson's action shot of me coming into the finish line.

This is the lovely crown I received at the finish line.
The total distance was 55 miles. It took me 3 hours 40 minutes. Last year I averaged 13 mph. This year my average was 15 mph. I felt good about that. In fact, I felt good at the end of the ride. Good for me!
John, Jyson, and I drove up to Logan Friday afternoon. I picked up my registration packet in Lewiston and then we had dinner at Chili's. John & Jyson swam in the pool at the hotel while I relaxed in the room. It was kind of rainy, but the next morning dawned pretty clear with a few clouds. Unlike last year, I slept well and was pumped to ride.Here's the starting photo:
It was great to see them. After a port-a-potty stop, I was back on the road. Mile 35 was the lunch stop. The lines for the full lunch were long, so I just grabbed a half PB&J sandwich and a few grapes. After refilling my water bottles, I got back on the bike and rode til the end.This picture was taken by Jyson while they were waiting for me.
It proves Johnny was there. :)
This is the lovely crown I received at the finish line.
3 comments:
Thats so awesome Michelle! Good for you! You broke your own personal record! Wow!
What a wonderful accomplishment - and a wonderful tradition. You are an inspiration!
Yea Michelle! So are you going to do it next year again?!
Post a Comment