Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Loss

I haven't really felt like blogging since I wrote my last post about G'ma O. Until today. I had another loss this weekend and I've been thinking about it and crying about it for 3 days. This weekend we went up to Idaho with John's family to raft the Snake River. That was the super fun part!
The sad part came Sunday night after we got home. I realized I had lost the ruby necklace John gave me for Christmas. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but it could have been avoided. If only I hadn't taken it with me. If only I'd put it in a really safe spot once I realized I did have it. If only...
 The necklace was expensive so that part makes me feel really bad, but it's more about the loss of something special. He had it made for me. He totally surprised me with it for Christmas. Buying someone jewelry can be risky but he knew exactly what I liked. The size. The shape. The stone. The chain. Perfection. So thoughtful.
The jeweler has a record so I know I can have it remade someday. But for now, I am mourning the loss of my perfect gem.

2 comments:

TESSA said...

Oh sad! I'm so sorry about your necklace, I always thought it was beautiful (and just my style too). I hate it when things like that happen.

Jon and Kim said...

Oh Michelle! I am so sorry!