Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas on Sunday was nice. The night before Christmas, Jyson asked if he could open one present - the biggest one. Since I knew it was new church clothes, I said okay. That worked our perfectly.

Sunday morning, we had to wake the boys up at 8, since we had church at 9. Jyson asked if he could open one present before we went to church. I had thought he would want to open all of them so once again, I said okay. He chose to open his book - a photo book I made for him with photos from the last 8 years. He was surprised and excited. It was so sweet to watch him carefully look at every page. Gosh I love this kid!!!

Church was great (only Sacrament Meeting!). John was the narrator for our ward program (& did a fantastic job) and I sang in the choir. I got teary-eyed when I saw Jyson snuggling up to Jake - their last Sunday together for two years.

We came home after church and continued with our presents. My mom made personalized plates for all of the grandkids this year. So cute. The boys loved them.
In our stockings, we found these snowball throwers that double as trumpets. The sound is awful but so entertaining.

I had to have a picture before everybody changed. Merry Christmas!
Jyson and his loot. He wanted books this year so we got him 2 to read plus the photo book and a journal. We're always looking for outdoor gifts as well, so we got him a basketball standard.
Shopping for a missionary-to-be was easier than we thought. We got him an iPod shuffle & speakers, a digital voice recorder, a water pik, a photo album, and some cash - can't go wrong with that.
John's big gift this year - golf clubs. He loves them.
And my big gift - an iPhone. Love it!
It was a lovely day together - our last one until Jake gets home.

No comments: