Mother's Day is not exactly what I dreamed it would be when I was younger. I'm not saying it's bad, just different. We celebrated it yesterday, since the kids spend today with their other moms. I shed a tear or two today because no one calls me mom, but then I feel like a rotten brat. I don't want to be ungrateful. I've mentioned before that I am privileged to at least get to mother John's kids sometimes and that is true. So, maybe being a stepmom has a few challenges, I'm pretty sure being "the mom" has its challenges too. I know there are things I need to be learning right now, through these experiences. Isn't life so interesting? I guess that's when I realize how grateful I am for my knowledge and testimony of the gospel. I know there will be more mothering opportunities, even if I have to wait until the next life. For now, I'll just enjoy the good life, because that's what I live most of the time.
Last year I wrote a tribute to my amazing mum, mother-in-law, & moms everywhere. It's all still true! I love you MOM!
2 comments:
You are amazing Michelle love you!!!
Oh Michelle...I know just how you feel. It can be difficult sometimes, huh. Still, life really is good and I'm grateful for the children that are in my life. They don't call me mom, but they know that I love them.
Post a Comment