Sunday, December 5, 2010

Before I move on past Thanksgiving...

There have been several moments in the recent weeks when I've just felt incredibly grateful for little moments in my life.

* Jyson is still willing to sit on my lap and snuggle occasionally. Oh how I love those moments. No one can tell me that you have to birth a child to love him with all your heart.

* I have failed to mention that Jake moved in with us 2 months ago. That's the first time he's lived with John since he was 4 years old. It's been a great experience for us. Two weeks ago Jake asked if we could read scriptures together in the morning. Of course you say YES to that. That's John's only time to exercise so it's usually just Jake and I. (Did I mention that on M/W/F we read at 5:20 so Jake can go to early morning Seminary at 6:20? T/TH we read at 6:20.) Very cool experience.

* Last Sunday, during Fast & Testimony Meeting, Jake got up and bore his testimony. Jyson, then convinced a friend to go up with him and he bore his testimony. After that, 10 more youth, including 2 of my young women got up to bear their testimonies. What a powerful meeting. Ah, the youth of Zion...

* And finally, I am grateful for a darling 3 year old girl in our ward who comes and sits with me every Sunday, all through Sacrament Meeting. Her name is Macahl and she has adopted me as her Sunday mom. It is so sweet. She sits on my lap while I draw her a picture of a princess. She's super happy if she can use my "lipstick" and have a piece of mint gum. She loves Jyson, Jake, & John and always asks about them if they're not there. Her mother always thanks me but I'm very thankful to her for sharing her beautiful daughter with me.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

All good things. I should join the scripture reading. :)