Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Is the Easter Bunny real?

I want to start by saying how grateful I am for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the real reason for the Easter celebration. It gives me great comfort to know that I will live again. My families will live again. I loved hearing John explain this to Jyson. We are blessed to have the Gospel in our lives. Eternal perspective and my faith in Christ give me hope and peace for which I am very thankful.

Saturday we had an Easter Egg Hunt, organized by some fun families in our ward. Each participating family provided 14 eggs filled with candy and one egg that was empty on which we wrote our last name. While hunting, each child found one egg with a family's name on it. The child took it to that family who provided a prize for them.This is Jyson and his friend Scott, eager to start the hunt. Notice the lovely wet weather in the background.This is Jyson with his stash, and his prize from the Liggett family. Fun idea.

As for the Easter Bunny...

I don't remember the Easter Bunny coming to visit me when I was little. We always got chocolate Easter bunnies and such, but it was just from Mom & Dad. That said, we decided to have the Easter Bunny visit this year. And to make it a little more exciting we decided to make it a hunt. After a late Saturday night scramble, Jyson woke up Sunday morning and found this note: He looked a little confused but after he found the second note directing him to our room, he was off and running. From there he was sent back downstairs, then under his bed. Here's that note:

After John's police car, he went to the piano room and finally found the basket.He told me later he knew I wrote the notes because I have a purple pen (the notes were in purple), but the Easter Bunny brought the basket. Sounds good to me.

After that it was time for dying Easter eggs.After Stake Conference, Jake came over and started on his Easter egg hunt. His clues were a little harder and took some thought. He's in deep think here (with Jyson checking his every move):He was happy to finally find his basket:Next year we're going for a trickier, longer hunt. We'll see how that goes. We were sad McKelle wasn't with us for Easter, but aside from that it was a beautiful day.

4 comments:

Aaron and Devon said...

I love the idea of leaving notes. What a great idea for older children. I would have known it was you too, your handwriting is a dead give away- it is too perfect. And those eggs look awesome!

E and T Macdonald said...

Very fun.... and cute eggs!

E and T Macdonald said...

oh, i like the new blog pattern... very springy and cute!

Luisa said...

Okay, now I feel like a lame mom. We never even dyed eggs, although I bought TONS of eggs to dye. We just never did it! We ended up hiding lame plastic eggs, but I did spend a few minutes to put some candy in the eggs.

Now I want to start some fun Easter traditions. You have inspired me, Michelle.