Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ramblings

I love Christmas cards - sending and receiving them. Okay, mostly just receiving them! We decided we wanted to do a card with 3 pictures on it this year, but we didn't have one of just the kids. So last Tuesday, our night with Jyson, we called McKelle and Jake and they came over. Jyson was not in a happy mood and did not want to change his shirt. We had one shot for the photo and it turned out great. Thanks to McKelle and Jake for being patient older siblings and Jyson for putting up with me. Love them!

Last weekend Johnny and I had dinner with our friends, Debbie and Brandon and their cute daughters Liv and Ava. Debbie and I were roommates at BYU about 15 years ago. Whoa, that makes me sound old. We laughed about how she used to be up laughing and talking late into the night and I'd come out and growl at her because she had woken me up. It was not funny at the time, but perspective can change that. We had a yummy dinner and played Yahtzee and laughed a lot. I am so grateful for good friends throughout my life!
Finally, Young Women. I was called as the YW president two months ago. The girls are GREAT and I love the leaders. Last night we went up to Temple Square. We watched the Joseph Smith movie and walked around to appreciate the lights. We rode up in a 15 passenger van - party in a car. On the way up, as we're flying along in the carpool lane, the lane next to us was at a complete stop. Suddenly a car starts to pull out, crossing the double white lines. Mandy (my 2nd counselor) had to totally swerve around him - SCARY. Poor girl about had a heart attack. After maneuvering around the contruction in Salt Lake, we entered the parking garage below the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It didn't look like we were going to clear the entrance. Mandy was totally ducking her head and screaming. I was laughing so hard. Then she had to park the boat. It was quite the adventure. Loved the movie. Loved the lights. It was a fun night.

4 comments:

Alina said...

Love the kids picture! Hey, can you send me a text with your home address? It's Christmas card time!!!

Aaron and Devon said...

I need to get your address too, would you email it to me using our work email. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

I got your card in the mail today! It is always good to see that you are doing great. Sounds like you've had a great year and thanks for sharing your blog. I love blogging and I'll be sure to check back soon. Our family's blog is private so send me an email at welives08@gmail.com and I'll invite ya!

Michelle said...

I love to get Christmas cards too! Thanks for yours. We hope that you had a fantastic Christmas. Let's keep in touch for years to come!